On-the-Rise Fashion Tech Co. Seeks Additional Team Members
Who are we? We are District2.co; a young, fashion-tech startup, located in the heart of Silicon Beach (Santa Monica) that has beta-launched the worlds first Virtual Garment District. (A bit like IMDB but for the Fashion Industry)
We are industry game-changers, bent on catapulting all local garment districts into the 21st century.
Imagine a virtual world where all of the fashion & garment industry is categorized, organized, and digitized on one platform.
No more will you trudge & toil aimlessly throughout the fashion district searching for specific fabrics and trim. Gone will be the days where you beg someone who knows someone, who knows someone to refer you to a manufacturer, wash-house or patternmaker. Searching & sifting for hours through over-saturated online directories for a company specializing in fashion show event coordination will be a thing of the past.
The future is here! The revolution has begun and we are the forefront of the battle.
We are here for the greater good and to connect & serve the entire fashion ecosystem. Our members consist of fashion designers, fashion photographers, runway models, high fashion hair stylists, fashion resource centers and beyond.
We have assembled the dream team of management & advisory board, but something is missing…
If you are looking to be a part of something great, unique, fun, challenging and/ or have contemplated partnering with a local tech startup, we might be just what you’re looking for.
Our valuation is between $5M since company inception 10 months ago and we are moving fast!
We are interested in partnering in exchange for equity/ convertible note (stock options) the following:
We are seeking to hire in exchange for sweat equity (stock options) or combination sweat equity/salary the following:
We are seeking to hire in exchange for combination sweat equity/salary + commission the following:
Street Team & Tele Sales (20)
We are seeking non-paid interns to assist in an LA Fashion Week Fashion Show and Launch party. They will also receive seminar/ workshop training, hands-on experience & mentorship from some of LA’s top fashion & tech execs in some of the following:
Social Media Marketing
Search Engine Optimization
Traditional Marketing & PR
Sales & CRM Software
Administrative Software: Word/ Excel/ Power Point
Event Production & Planning
Tolerance & Diversity
Fashion & Style
Garment Industry Product Life Cycle
-Must be 18 or older
-Must come into the office 10hrs per week minimum
-Must be flexible, positive and a team player
(will give college credits)
Email resume to HireMe@district2.co. Please list job title you are applying for in the subject line. Also indicate if you are available for full-time only, part-time only or flexible. Please DO NOT send resume if you are not open to working for sweat equity. This is not your basic 9-5. We are a fashion tech startup. Everyone currently on the team works for sweat equity because they believe in us enough to invest their time. When we are funded, generating revenue and able to pay salaries, we will pull from our current team.
CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
District2.co is looking to bring on a CMO as co-founder. You will be responsible
for overseeing marketing initiatives. Developing areas such as sales management, product development, distribution channel management, marketing communications, including advertising and promotions, pricing, market research, and customer service.
- Facilitate growth, sales, and marketing strategies.
- Increase revenue generation.
- Reduce costs.
- Perform risk mitigation.
- Prepare overall marketing strategy.
- Develop programs with quantifiable objectives to measure results.
- Implement and manage marketing budget.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights.
- Modify or redirect business intelligence strategy.
- Oversee and direct the efforts of the marketing team.
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, sales force effectiveness, strategic planning, services units and revenue retention and growth.
- Develop and measure key metrics around the business including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates.
-Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
-7+ years’ experience in positions with increasing responsibility in online marketing, communications, strategic planning, and/or general management.
-A passion for the tech startup community
-Excellent analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
-Self-motivated, results-oriented, a team player with a fervor for life.
-Ability to flourish and lead in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment
The creative director will determine the best ways for us to visually represent our company’s brand identity. It involves development of high-level concepts for marketing campaigns & promotional projects. It also involves working with internal team members and advisors.
- Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet business objectives and advance our brand strategy
- Establish creative direction for the entire line of online services, programs & overall brand identity
- Supervise and inspire the creative team; generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Manage team members
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
- Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required; graduate degree preferred
- At least 2 years management experience working with large-scale web sites, e-marketing, and advertising. Experience in fashion industry preferred.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to team
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, and creative process
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Ability to make evaluative judgments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
District2.co needs Journalists to interview fashion professionals, analyze their input, and report stories and events.
- Write and report fresh stories, accurately convey findings to district2.co
- Record and interview fashion professionals by phone and in person in the area and edit their news to post to our site. Some interviews will be video
- Build contacts and sources for use in future stories
- Creating blog publications
- Pitch new story ideas to CEO of district2.co
- BA in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- Experience blogging/reporting for Fashion Industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
District2.co needs an experienced Website Content Manager to work on developing the voice for all aspects of District2.co's online presence
-Writing, editing and proofreading site content
-Maintain site standards with regard to new development
-Crafting site promotions, email newsletters and online outreach campaigns
-Implementing changes to site layout and content based on usability testing and website analytics
-Facilitating publishing content to District2.co web site and work with developers and Operations staff to assess and resolve any technical challenges in displaying the content
-Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems (Drupal, Convio, Kintera, etc.)
-Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
-Exceptional communication and organizational skills
-Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related subject is a plus
-3-5 years experience managing content and production for high traffic websites is also a plus
-Passion, Integrity and Energy!
District2.co needs an experienced Graphic Designer to prepare visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts for District2.co
-Plans and prepares concepts by studying information and materials
-Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
-Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
-Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
-Graphic Design Skills
District2.co needs a Book Keeper to record the financial transactions.
-Reconcile bank statements and keep the Accounts Receivables up to date as well as Accounts Payables
-Receives and distributes supplies for the company
-Assists with the procurement of goods and services and helping with the filing of all government taxes
-Capability of holding meetings and demonstrating financial facts
-Ability to make reports and explain them verbally and in writing
-Watch over petty cash expenditures
-Post financial statements and transactions
-Require and organize sales slips, receipts, check stubs, and computer print outs
-Data entry skills / knowledge of at least one bookkeeping program (such as QuickBooks),
-Experienced in Accounting
-2 or 4 year degree in Accounting or Business
Work with Marketing & Art Director to conceive, produce & implement effective advertising campaigns.
-Developing & presenting creative ideas & concepts
-writing clear, persuasive, original copy
-updating digital media
-managing social media interns
-Passion for fashion & technology
-Experience w/ blogging and social media
-Comfortable w/ fast-paced startup environment
-Experience with SEO
-2+ years experience
Vice President of Sales
District2.co needs Vice President of Sales to manage all the sales and business development operations for district2.co.
- Tracking of what the competitors are doing, aware of pricing, compensation, and distribution
- Set, develop and implement strategies for business development
- Taking charge of driving district2.co's achievement of its customer acquisition and revenue goals
- Coordinate with the marketing department to establish and direct channel and distribution program
- Building key customer relationships and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Responsible for training and sales incentive programs
- Experience/Background in Sales (call center/ in-the-field)
- Excellent leadership skills, a role model and motivation for employees
- Good analytical and networking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- MBA highly preferred with specialization in Sales and Marketing
Street Team & Tele Sales
District2.co needs independent contractors for our Street Team and Tele Sales positions.
- Implement marketing tactics that will directly impact sales for district2.co.
- Meet quantitative benchmark objectives and timeline targets given by district2.co's VP of Sales.
- Determine strategic locations for promotional materials throughout the fashion industry/district to build awareness
- Build a network of fashion entrepreneurs & garment industry professional relationships
- Create high-impact marketing impressions and fashion industry interaction
- Background / Experience in the Fashion Industry
- Experience in direct sales
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to develop timeline and action plan for achieving goals
- High Energy and positive attitude!